11 Jun 2013

Exfoliating




Exfoliating is a very important part of any beauty routine. Many people don't exfoliate at all and others exfoliate too much. When exfoliating we remove the dead skin from our body and face. Doing this gives us lovely smooth skin, as well as this it also means that the products we use on our skin isn't being used on the dead skin, meaning that the product is doing its job were it is needed. However exfoliating too much is very bad for your skin. If you are constantly scrubbing away your skin it will irritate it and become dry, which is not what you want.
There are loads of exfoliating products to choose from. I personally like to use the simple range as I have sensitive skin and want something that is more gentle on my skin. I used to use the facial wipes once a week on my face until I started using the facial scrub. I now use the wipes when I want to quickly exfoliate. I only exfoliate my face once a week as the skin on your face is more delicate. For my body I exfoliate 1-2 times a week as I have sensitive skin but you can also exfoliate 2-3 times a week. 

Some exfoliating tips:
  • Don't scrub too hard as you only want to remove the dead skin sitting on the top.
  • Use products that suit you. Whether that be a body scrub or loofah and body wash, etc.
  • Remember to use a moisturiser as exfoliating drys out the skin.
  • Use facial exfoliating products on the face. Don't use body scrubs on your face as it isn't gentle enough for the delicate skin on your face.
  •  Remember that you should do what is right for your skin. 
I hope that this post has helped you. If you have any tips or products that you love please leave them in the comments below as I would love to hear about them.
Love Bella x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I love reading them and always try to reply x